Tester Announces More Than $4 Million to Increase Access to Affordable Housing in Montana
$4,320,560 in grants awarded to Public Housing Authorities across the state
(U.S. Senate) – U.S. Senator Jon Tester announced $4.3 million in grants today to increase access to affordable housing in several Montana communities.
“Everyone should have a place they can call home,” Tester said. “From Great Falls to Glasgow, these grants will help folks find safe, accessible housing without breaking the bank.”
Housing Authorities in Billings, Great Falls, Missoula, Helena, Butte, Anaconda, Sidney, Glasgow, Whitefish, and Glendive received the grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to help develop, finance, and modernize public housing developments in their cities.
- Housing Authority of Billings – $581,282
- Great Falls Housing Authority – $1,007,621
- Housing Authority of Butte – $632,147
- Helena Housing Authority – $764,835
- Housing Authority of the City of Anaconda – $383,463
- Richland County Housing Authority – $188,838
- Housing Authority of Glasgow – $152,472
- Whitefish Housing Authority – $91,797
- Dawson County Housing Authority – $48,320
- Missoula Housing Authority – $469,785
Tester has been a strong supporter of expanding affordable housing in Montana and helped secure funding for the grants through his role on the Senate Appropriations Committee. Earlier this year, Tester also helped negotiate a funding deal that makes substantial investments in affordable housing initiatives.
Read more about Tester’s work to expand affordable housing HERE.