Tester Votes to Advance Six Veterans Affairs Nominees
Nominees to be Considered by Full Senate
(U.S. Senate) – Ranking Member of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee Jon Tester today voted in support of six nominees to fill vacant positions at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
“I look forward to working with each nominee to get veterans the care and benefits they have earned,” said Tester. “I’m pleased that the Committee is working in a bipartisan way to quickly and thoroughly fill vacant leadership positions and I urge Senate leaders to take up these nominees right away so they can get to work serving veterans at the VA and resolving veterans’ claims through the Court of Appeals.”
Earlier this week, Tester questioned each nominee as they appeared before the Committee. Prior to the hearing, he sat down personally with all of the nominees.
The nominees voted out of Committee are:
- Thomas Bowman, VA Deputy Secretary nominee
- James Byrne, VA General Counsel nominee
- Brooks Tucker, Assistant Secretary of Congressional and Legislative Affairs nominee
- Michael Allen, Judge for the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims nominee
- Amanda Meredith, Judge for the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims nominee
- Joseph Toth, Judge for the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims nominee
The nominees will now move to the floor for a final confirmation vote.