Tester Announces Over $30 Million to Support Montana Counties
Senator Secures Increase in PILT Payments for Montana
(U.S. Senate) – Senator Jon Tester, a member of the Appropriations Committee, announced today the 2016 Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILT) breakdown for 55 counties in Montana.
“These payments are critically important to rural communities across Montana,” Tester said. “This money builds roads, supports important infrastructure projects, and bolsters local police and fire departments who keep these communities safe. I am happy to see an increase in these payments.”
Montana counties received over $30 million in PILT payments, an increase from last year.
Montana’s seven most populated counties received over $9 million:
- Yellowstone County received $199,006
- Gallatin County received $1,635,635
- Silver Bow County received $542, 654
- Flathead County received $2,531,972
- Lewis and Clark County received $2,398,941
- Choteau County received $367,164
- Missoula County received $1,687,735
A full breakdown of PILT payments by county can be found HERE.