Great Falls primed to receive more than $4 mil.
Baucus, Tester Say Funds Go Towards Protecting Public Lands, Water Projects, Health Care
(WASHINGTON D.C.) Montana’s U.S. Senators Max Baucus and Jon Tester announced that more than $4 million is queued up for projects in the Great Falls- area in an upcoming appropriations bill.
The FY2009 Omnibus Appropriations bill will combine several spending bills that were not completed last year. The bill will fund projects both in Great Falls, and across the state.
This funding is separate from the more than $600 million that Baucus and Tester secured in the recently passed Jobs Bill.
“Jon and I worked hard for these projects because they are important to the Electric City and to Big Sky Country,” Baucus said. “Protecting places like the Rocky Mountain Front, or providing better health care equipment is what federal dollars are meant for.”
“These projects are all smart investments for the Great Falls area because they will put folks to work now, and they will help us rebuild our economy for the long haul,” said Tester, a new member of the influential Senate Appropriations Committee, which oversees federal discretionary spending. “Max and I are proud of these projects because they will help get our economy back on track.”
The bill will be voted on in the House of Representatives this week, and then be voted on in the Senate early next week. The bill is expected to pass both the House and the Senate.
GREAT FALLS AREA PROJECTS
- Great Falls Police Department: These funds will be used to improve police facilities. – $282,000
- Benefis Hospital: These funds will go towards Health IT. – $143,000
- Benefis Hospital: These funds will be used for facilities and equipment – $761,000
- Glacier County Schools in Browning: These funds will help pay for academic programs and equipment for the new high school-$381,000
- Fish and Wildlife Service Land Acquisition, Rocky Mountain Front Conservation Area: These funds will be used to purchase conservation easements – $1,000,000
- National Park Service Save America’s Treasures – Historic Havre US Post Office and Federal Courthouse: These funds will be used to restore the courthouse – $100,000
- Chippewa Cree Tribe: These funds will be used for transportation and rehabilitation of Malmstrom Housing Units for use on the Rocky Boy’s Reservation – $712,500
- Great Falls Development Authority for Black Eagle Road Infrastructure: These funds will be used for water and sewer infrastructure to attract industrial investment – $950,000