Tester unveils all-star lineup for his July 13 business workshop
Senator’s Bozeman event connects local startups with national business experts
(U.S. SENATE) – Senator Jon Tester today unveiled the speakers and panelists for his upcoming Small Business Opportunity Workshop in Bozeman on Friday, July 13.
Tester’s 12th workshop will connect Montana startup companies and entrepreneurs with nationally renowned experts in finance and capital markets, and successful entrepreneurs.
Tester’s workshop will be held on July 13 in Gaines Hall at Montana State University.
Participants scheduled to take part in Tester’s workshop include:
- Tony James, President and CEO of the Blackstone Group
Understanding the Evolution of Private Markets
- Jeremy Smith, Chief Strategy Officer for SecondMarket
The Changing Role of Social Networking and Capital Formation
- Kevin Laws, Board Member of AngelList and Chairman of Vast
The JOBS Act and Public Capital Markets
- David Etheridge, Senior Vice President and Head of Capital Markets Group at NYSE Euronext
The Made in Montana Advantage
- Jennifer Shryock, Director of Resume Manager at Submittable
- Dr. Brett Baker, President and CEO of Microbion
- Trevor Loy, General Partner at Flywheel Ventures
Interactive Collaboration and Networking
- Dave Morin, Co-Founder and CEO of Path
- Jamie Shennan, General Partner Emeritus with Trinity Ventures
- Josh Spitzer, CFO of Schedulicity
Tester’s workshop, which begins at 8 a.m., is free and open to the public. Montanans who want to see a full schedule or RSVP are encouraged to visit tester.senate.gov/workshop.
Tester’s Bozeman workshop builds on the success of his 11 previous small business workshops held across Montana. More than 2,000 Montana companies and individuals have attended the sessions.