Tester announces Treasure State Export Seminar
U.S. Export-Import Bank president to speak at June 3 event in Billings
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – Senator Jon Tester today announced his Treasure State Export Seminar, a daylong event in Billings to create jobs and boost the state’s economy by expanding opportunities to sell Montana goods and services to customers in other countries.
All interested Montanans are invited to attend the June 3 seminar, to be held at Rocky Mountain College, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
“There’s a goldmine of opportunity for Montana manufacturers, service providers, farmers and ranchers,” Tester said. “A lot of folks don’t export because they’re not familiar with the resources out there to help make the process easy. I want to make sure they have the tools they need to open the door to new markets, new opportunities and new jobs.”
Tester noted that 95 percent of the world’s customers do not live in the United States, but only one percent of U.S. businesses export to other countries.
The Treasure State Export Seminar will feature various workshops and speakers, including a keynote address from Fred Hochberg, the chairman of the Export-Import Bank of the United States. The Bank is an independent, self-funded federal agency that provides loan guarantees and insurance for businesses interested in exporting goods and services to other countries.
The Treasure State Export Seminar builds on Tester’s successful Small Business Opportunity Workshops held in Great Falls and in Bozeman over the last year. More than 350 small businesses attended Tester’s Bozeman event.
The Treasure State Export Seminar is free and open to the public, but anyone wishing to attend is asked to RSVP at tester.senate.gov/export, or by calling Tester’s office toll-free at 866-554-4403.
(subject to change)
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Rocky Mountain College
(Bair Student Center Dining Room)
1511 Poly Drive, Billings
Introduction – U.S. Senator Jon Tester
Address – President Fred Hochberg, U.S. Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Agriculture: Marketing Your Product Overseas
- USDA Foreign Agriculture Service and USDA Agriculture Market Service
- USDA Food Safety Inspection Service
- Montana Wheat and Barley Committee
- Manufacturing: Marketing Your Product Overseas
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana Department of Commerce Trade Bureau
- U.S. Commercial Service
- Protecting Intellectual Property
- Montana World Trade Center
- Export Financing and Managing Risk
- U.S. Small Business Administration Export Assistance Program
- Financing and Credit Insurance
- U.S. Export-Import Bank
- Tarnet Insurance Services
- Wells Fargo Bank
Lunch Break Address – Spencer Williams, West Paw Design (Montana Exporter of the Year)
- Export Logistics and Compliance
- Freight Forwarders
- UPS (invited)
- Montana World Trade Center Shippers’ Consortium
- Export Licensing
Networking with agencies