Senators announce $4.7 million for Montana airports
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – Sixteen communities across Montana will receive a combined $2.3 million to improve and expand their airports, Senators Max Baucus and Jon Tester announced today.
The Senators also announced that the City of Poplar will receive more than $2.4 million from the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to help build a new airport.
The following Montana airports will receive federal grants from the DOT :
- $365,971 for the Helena Regional Airport to purchase snow plows.
- $324,621 for the Bert Mooney Airport in Butte to improve runway safety.
- $224,200 for Bowman Field Airport in Anaconda to purchase snow plows.
- $214,161 for the Harlem Airport to purchase land and install perimeter fencing.
- $169,100 for the Baker Municipal Airport to extend a runway.
- $150,000 for the Lewistown Municipal Airport to improve the runway.
- $131,252 for the Stevensville Airport to install weather reporting equipment.
- $131,243 for the Deer Lodge-City-County Airport to build a general aviation apron.
- $127,439 for the Libby Airport to build a fuel farm.
- $123,693 for the Plains Airport to purchase snow plows.
- $104,500 for the Tillitt Field in Rosebud County to improve the runway.
- $90,925 for the Thompson Falls Airport to purchase snow plows.
- $81,769 for the Eureka Airport to purchase snow plows.
- $76,000 for the Jordan Airport to improve the runway.
- $48,693 for the Townsend Airport to install navigation equimpment.
- $38,000 for the Ravalli County Airport in Hamilton to improve the airport beacon.
“This is good news for Montana’s cities and small towns,” Baucus said. “My number one priority is bringing good-paying jobs to Montana. These dollars will bring good-paying jobs to our state while improving transportation for people who live, work and play here.”
“Montana’s airports are part of our long-term rural infrastructure,” Tester said. “By investing in them, we invest in jobs and business opportunities that will help rebuild our economy from the ground up.”
Earlier this week, Baucus and Tester announced more than $10 million for airport improvements in Billings, Bozeman, Kalispell and Great Falls.