Montana BLM projects to get $17.5 million
HELENA – Montana will receive more than $17.5 million in additional jobs stimulus funding for Bureau of Land Management sites across the state.
The $17.5 million announced Monday will fund projects such as upgrading roads, dams, visitor centers, boat ramps, campgrounds and trails on BLM land in Montana.
The money also will fund habitat restoration, mine cleanup and renewable-energy projects.
Sens. Max Baucus and Jon Tester said Montana will receive the following funding through the BLM:
- Capital improvements: $1,525,000.
- Maintenance: $3,907,000.
- Habitat restoration: $2,536,000.
- Abandoned mines cleanup: $6,082,000.
- Renewable energy: $1,400,000.
- Road/bridge maintenance and construction: $1,873,000.
- Trail maintenance and construction: $249,000.