Skip to Content
Resize Text:      A A

How Can Jon Help?

How Jon Can Help

If you are a Montanan and need assistance working with or getting answers from the Federal Government, Senator Tester's office may be able to help.

Jon and his staff make every effort to assist Montanans. We can help you by providing basic information, such as a federal agency phone number, and help you with governmental procedures, such as applying for a passport or visa. We can also provide you assistance with:

  • military awards and commendations;
  • veterans' benefits;
  • Social Security and Medicare benefits;
  • immigration matters;
  • small-business concerns; and
  • federal tax matters and the Internal Revenue Service.

By law, there are some matters over which United States Senators have no jurisdiction (such as judicial decisions, pardons or parole cases). Jon also does not have jurisdiction over the release or transfer of state or federal prisoners.

If you are not from Montana, please visit with one of your Senators.

If you need assistance with a matter involving a state or local government agency, your first contact should be to your Montana State Representative or Montana State Senator. You may also want to contact the Montana Citizens' Advocate Office.

If your inquiry is about a matter involving the judicial branch—such as a child custody case, a divorce, or a civil or criminal prosecution or sentencing—the rules of the Senate prevent the involvement of Jon or his staff. For help finding a qualified attorney, please contact the State Bar of Montana.

If you would like to send Jon your thoughts or ideas about legislation, please visit the Contact section of this site.

How to Request Casework Assistance

You can request assistance with your case through the mail or in person at any of Jon's offices. Click here for contact information for Jon's offices around Montana.

In general, agencies cannot reply to a congressional inquiry without a release signed by the constituent requesting assistance. The Privacy Release is required to protect you from unauthorized use and exchange of personal information by federal agencies. Family members, friends, or other interested parties generally cannot authorize the release of information on your behalf.

To initiate your case through the mail, send a completed Privacy Release Form and any other materials to Jon's office at:

Office of Senator Jon Tester
125 W Granite, Suite 200
Butte, MT 59701

Please send copies of documents related to your case rather than originals, as their return cannot be guaranteed.

Click here to download a Privacy Release Form

Office Contact Information

Senator Tester's Montana staff serves the state from offices in Billings, Bozeman, Butte, Great Falls, Helena, Kalispell, and Missoula. Please bring your concerns with federal agencies, academy nominations, and other situations to one of these Montana offices.


Judge Jameson Federal Building
2900 4th Ave N, Suite 201
Billings, MT 59101
Phone: (406) 252-0550
Fax: (406) 252-7768


Avant Courier Building
1 E Main Street, Suite 202
Bozeman, MT 59715
Phone: (406) 586-4450
Fax: (406) 586-7647


Silver Bow Center
125 W Granite, Suite 200
Butte, MT 59701
Phone: (406) 723-3277
Fax: (406) 782-4717

Great Falls

119 1st Avenue N, Suite 102
Great Falls, MT 59401
Phone: (406) 452-9585
Fax: (406) 452-9586


208 North Montana Avenue
Suite 104
Helena, MT 59601
Phone: (406) 449-5401
Fax: (406) 449-5462


8 Third Street E
Kalispell, MT 59901
Phone: (406) 257-3360
Fax: (406) 257-3974


130 W Front St.
Missoula, MT 59802
Phone: (406) 728-3003
Fax: (406) 728-2193

Home   |   Meet Jon   |   Services   |   Newsroom   |   Legislation   |   Contact   |   Privacy