Tourism Small Business Opportunity Workshop
Senator Tester's 13th Small Business Opportunity Workshop wil connect tourism industy leaders with Montana businesses to expand opportunties and create jobs in the Big Sky State.
The workshop will be held on Friday, May 17 in Strand Union Building's Ballroom A at MSU. The workshop runs from 9 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
We have a talented group that will lead the discussion about enhancing your customers' experience and taking your business to the next level. Attendees at 13th Small Business Opportunity Workshop can expect:
Keynote speeches will be delivered by Montana native Eric Phillips of Delta Air Lines and Roger Dow, the President and CEO of the U.S. Travel Association.
The workshop will also include two panel discussions.
Tester's four "Big Sky Advantage" panelists will showcase Montana companies that benefit from tourism in Montana. They are:
- John Herzer - Blackfoot River Outfitters, a fly fishing guide company based in Missoula
- Randy Roberson - Yellowstone Vacations, a travel company providing customized itineraries, including transportation and lodging, in and around Yellowstone National Park
- Kaleigh Brook - When in Rome Pizza, a Bigfork restaurant offering authentic Mediterranean fare
- Benjamin Bennett - Massive Studios, a Bozeman marketing agency with a number of Montana tourism industry clients
Tester's "Touting the Treasure State through Technology" panelists will teach Montana small business owners about the best ways to use social media and paid advertising to attract customers over the Internet. The panelists are:
- Google's Rob Torres, Head of Travel - specializes in training travel industry businesses to expand their online presence using the world's largest search engine.
- Facebook's Brooke Oberwetter, Associate Manager for Public Policy - trains small business owners across the country on using Facebook to communicate with customers.
- Yelp's Luther Lowe, Director of Public Policy - develops products and procedures for businesses to connect with customers through Yelp.com.
- Bing's Sean O'Connor, Sales Manager - helps small businesses grow with search advertising.
Opening and closing remarks from Montana education and community leaders
If you plan to attend, please RSVP by submitting the below information.